Head of IT Operations and Support
We are looking for a Head of Operations and Support to our IT department. Akind is an international group with high ambitions and a clear goal of being the best place to grow, for people and business.
About the role
Akind is a family of brands working together with the aim of making people and business grow. Headquartered in Stockholm, we currently have operations in six countries, more than 10,000 employees and growing. We are now looking for a Head of Operations and Support to our IT department.
Managing the Operations and Support team, you ensure that IT provides and delivers services that creates value to our users and supports in achieving our Group goals. We believe this is achieved through excellent operating and support processes, working together with our internal stakeholders and external vendors to make sure we are constantly improving and delivering on expected and contracted levels. A key factor to succeed in the role is strong cooperating skills, as well as communication skills. This means close cooperation and communication within the team as well as involving and informing management and staff functions in due time and in the right way.
In your team, you will have 11 direct reports and one of them, being the Support Manager, has in turn a team of 7 Support Technicians. The Operations and Support Team consists of three different functions:
- Workflow Automation, System Administration, and the implementation of Cyber Security
- Procurement, Maintenance & Support of Purchased Systems
- IT Workplace
As Head of Operations and Support, you report to Carolina Palo, CIO, who is based in Stockholm. You will be part of the IT Management Team, and together with Head of Product and Head of System Development contribute to the strategic tech and data direction of the Akind Group. The first couple of weeks you will follow a tailored introduction program consisting of trainings, meetings, and assignments to slowly get started and introduced to your role and responsibilities. Our culture is characterized by ambitious and kind people, we are convinced that it is our employees who are the basis for our growth and development. That is why we put a lot of commitment and resources on both our employees and leadership within the organization.
- Establish and maintain credibility with highly technical engineers
- Work on automation tools to improve the efficiency and scalability of our organization
- Work closely with other senior technical leaders to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
- Manage, develop, and support the Operations and Support department, setting process goals & main KPIs, understanding where we have challenges and where to take action with excellent leadership skills.
- Understanding the business/processes and what IT must do to support it. Be proactive with ideas and initiatives, keeping up to date with trends and innovations so we may learn. Basically, be the expert by supporting and challenging stakeholders in the organization and reflecting on how we as an organization can improve.
- Use and maintain best practices to maintain and develop our capabilities and compliance and therefore reduce risk.
- Manage the financial processes around accounting & controlling and forecasting the area of responsibility.
- Manage all vendor and contract management related processes and tasks.
We are looking for
- Experience from a similar role, preferably from different organizations.
- Leadership experience and a great interest as well as understanding of what it is to lead through people.
- Excellent communication skills, English is a requirement while Swedish is a plus.
In this role, your ability to lead through people will be the key to success. Furthermore, we believe you have a curious mindset and drive to work with continuous improvement and quality. You thrive in an international and fast-changing environment with high ambitions and of course, really great colleagues.
Who we think you are
In this recruitment process we will focus on your potential to thrive and succeed in the role, the following personality traits are considered crucial:
To all of you who want to achieve just a little bit more.
Welcome home. We reward ambition!
• Start: According to agreement
• Contract: Full-time
• Location: Stockholm
Recruitment process: The first step in the recruitment process is to apply with your CV or LinkedIn, no cover letter is necessary. If you fullfill the requirements for the position, you will then receive an email asking you to complete two tests by Assessio. One is a personality mapping which takes about 20 minutes to complete, the other a cognitive ability test which takes 12 minutes to complete. The reason why we use tests is to ensure a solid and fair recruitment process focusing on potential for the position we are hiring for rather than your CV. If you proceed, the next step is a telephone interview and then a behavioural descriptive interview with Lisette Lind, Talent Acquisition Manager and Carolina Palo, CIO.
The final day to apply is the 9th of January and we will begin going through the applications after that date.
Akind is a network of specialist brands designed to make people and businesses grow. Our group started as Academic Work, the leading staffing & recruitment company for Young Professionals, and throughout the years we have added new business models through Brights, Crowd Collective and AW Executive Search to be one step ahead and face the needs and challenges of our clients. We are constantly striving to improve, innovate and look for new ways to make the ‘world of work’ better, smarter, and more fun.
Akind’s business is building other businesses. Our vision is to help the companies in our group to outperform the competition. How we support our businesses will vary depending on their needs, challenges, and goals, but we will always be there to help them grow and develop. Our expert functions are at the very core of Akind – we are a family of experts where everyone feels like they belong and support each other. By continually reinventing ourselves, daring to question the status quo and adding new forward-thinking solutions, we want to inspire and prepare people for tomorrow’s workplace.
We want to be the best place to grow, for people at every step of their careers, for companies at every stage of their growth journey, and for brands that make people grow. We are proud of what we have achieved so far, but we are still only in the beginning of our journey.
Dela detta jobb