Solution Designer (Fixed Telephony)
About the job
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT infrastructure services for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service center, providing IT services and support. Vattenfall IT Infrastructure supports Vattenfall by having professional people, knowledgeable in both business and IT, integrating services to enable business functions, providing a helicopter view of required services, utilizing the external market and enforcing standardization in order to optimize cost efficiency.
Within IT Infrastructure, Client Services is responsible for end user support and workplace services to all Vattenfall employees, delivered by either internal staff or external suppliers.
At this moment we are looking for a Solution Designer, for the Competence Area Fixed Telephony.
What are you going to do?
As Solution Designer for the competence area Fixed Telephony you will be responsible for the coordination, design and improvement of Fixed Telephony (like Mitel, Unify), Unified Communication (MS Teams direct routing), Internal call centers (Trio). The operation of these services is outsourced to telecom operators like Telia and KPN. In Vattenfall you are the first technical contact for Service Management, Product & Service Delivery Manager (CAR) and all VF IT network and security departments for technical questions related to the Fixed Telephone service. For suppliers you will be the first technical contact for changes and projects related to Fixed Telephony
You will be responsible for these key result areas:
• Incorporate new business demands and other stakeholders input into the overall IT solution design
• Responsible for the realization of pre-studies, feasibility analysis and proof of concepts
• Technical project support
Other activities are:
• Contribute and support in tender related activities, contract prolongations etc.
• Conduct and lead the regular alignment with the internal stakeholders Solution Architects, Service Management, Security, Service Desk etc.
• Continuous improvement of the fixed telephony service and internal call center.
• Contribute and support in projects related to your competence area
• Support the ISO27001 (ISMS) implementation related to fixed telephony and internal call center.
Designing and maintaining IT architectural structures:
• The IT Solution Designer is responsible for the development and ownership of technical product roadmaps – TRM and Solution Designs.
• Designing and developing end-to-end telephony solutions and providing recommendations to operations teams.
• Providing professional guidance in terms of effective deployment of solutions and architectures while ensuring compliance with the overall enterprise architecture.
• Keeping documentation of the functional features delivered by Fixed Telephony solutions and services.
• Collaborating with different stakeholders, solution architects, solution designers, and enterprise architects other technical departments (ex: Network Team, Datacenter Team etc.) to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects and services.
• Interacting with 3rd party suppliers and their stakeholders to explain the solutions while ensuring compliance with the overall enterprise architecture.
• Accepting implemented solutions from 3rd party suppliers while ensuring that all requirements, functionalities and features are delivered.
• Joining forces with stakeholders and project teams for the timely and successful delivery of projects and services.
• Support operations team in complex troubleshooting if required.
• Providing effective risk management and identifying issues related to solution design and supporting operations team in change management process with technical knowledge.
• Collaborating with administrative and senior stakeholders to establish strong relationships and ensuring they understand business, technology requirements, and proposed solutions.
• Keeping an eye on all phases of the technical requirements and supply to IT impact evaluation to understand the effect of changes to requirements across all chapters.
• Ensure business / technical requirements’ accurate portrayal in solutions through association with suppliers, users, and technology groups.
• Keep the technical solution documentations up to date and make changes in documentations when required.
• Responsible for overall Fixed Telephony solution designs within Vattenfall IT with various integrations like to call center solution and MS Teams telephony.
• Assists Project Management with proposals for choosing the most suitable technical IT solution that meets business and IT requirements and strategy in a cooperation with IT network, server and security architects
• Regularly check the market for new technologies, solutions or vendors that could be of strategic interest for Vattenfall IT. This in close cooperation with partner(s) and IT network, server and security architects
• Supporting partners with the changes in the Vattenfall infrastructure related to the service Gatekeeper of Vattenfall standards within the technical service modules based on definition of the standard services
• Design and specification of non-standard solutions
• Troubleshooting support in case of critical incidents
• Vattenfall infra components (hardware, VM’s, AD, monitoring, Storage, DC’s) incl. ensuring machines are patched and supporting suppliers
• 3rd party access (technical part)
• Technical security concepts and guidelines
• Technical Security organization and processes with partners
• Dial plan management
• Functional requirements management
Qualifications and personal characteristics
Among your personal qualifications you have an internal capacity to move things forward, are easy to cooperate with and have good communication skills.
Furthermore you recognize yourself in the following profile:
• A minimum of bachelor’ degree as an IT, mathematics, scientific or Technical Engineering Degree related IT / Telecommunication or a comparable experience in the enterprise telephony domain.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT, preferably as Solution Designer related to Telephony.
• Knowledge in Telephony related technologies and vendors like (Avaya, Unify, Mitel, Nec, Audiocodes, Cisco etc).
• Experience in designing multilocation, multiprotocol telephony network delivering voice services.
• Experience with Call Center solutions (preferably Enghouse TRIO).
• Experience in handling ITIL processes is a plus but not a must.
• Good knowledge in IT security in large corporate environment.
• Good understanding of Protocols like SIP/SIPs, RTP/SRTP, legacy telephony protocols.
• High Level understanding of interworking between data and telephony networks.
• Good understanding or server infrastructure related to telephony like virtual machines and serverless technology.
• Ability to communicate with technical experts, customers and group governance
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
We offer you:
A challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! Everyone is really committed, and we want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
Location Flexible pertaining to the follwing Vattenfall locations -Sweden, The Netherlands, Germany and Poland
The position will require incidental travel between Sweden, The Netherlands, Germany, and Poland and other Vattenfall locations*
*Depending on the development of the pandemic situation for those countries.
Security Vetting is part of the application process; for this you need to live a minimum of 5 years in a country where VF has presence.
Process and timeline
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter as soon as possible, please do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.
Application period ends on 15th of January 2023
For information about the position or recruitment process please contact Teri-Anne Brink email@example.com
In Sweden, the trade union representatives are: Vatkovic Silvija (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be a good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation. Click here for further information.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our services are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About the company
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers and retailers of electricity and heat. Our main markets are Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the UK. The Vattenfall Group has approximately 20,000 employees. We have been electrifying industries, powering homes and transforming life through innovation for more than 100 years. We now want to make fossil free living possible within one generation and we are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system.
To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission. In this position you will be working within the Vattenfall IT organization based in Amsterdam, Berlin, Gliwice, Katowice, and Stockholm.
Dela detta jobb